SAPOL Proposals for Firearms Act
To all SSAA SA Members and Clubs
SAPOL have recently produced an advisory document on changes that THEY would like made to the Firearms Act.
SAPOL have briefed the Association delegates to FLAG (Firearms Legislative Advisory Group) on the various proposals and have agreed to us releasing the text of the document to our Membership for evaluation and feedback.
As FLAG is to meet to discuss the proposals early in February, time is very short for us to prepare feedback.
Click here to download the Proposed changes to Firearms Act 1977 with commentary
It is extremely important that all our members spend a few minutes reviewing the document as these proposed changes will impact all of us.
Any comments should be set out to show:
- Where someone strongly agrees with a proposal, they should clearly state their agreement.
- Where someone strongly disagree with a proposal, they should clearly state their opposition
- Reasons should be given for strong disagreement in particular, and also for strong agreement.
- Suggestions for alternatives or improvements should be made in the case of strong disagreement
- Feel free to pose questions which may challenge the validity or effectiveness of any proposal
Keep your comments brief as we will need to summarise for presentation at FLAG.
A strong showing has every chance of influencing the FLAG report to the Minister,and some possibility of influencing SAPOL.
Many Thanks in anticipation.
Immediate Past President
Alternate FLAG Delegate.
|< Prev||Next >|